How do I move files into a folder structure?

Support for Windows users
Lee5962

How do I move files into a folder structure?

Post by Lee5962 »

Months ago when I was using FileBot for free, once I renamed my movies on my Plex server, FileBot would create a folder on the drive (complete with the year of the film), and place the video file inside. They way that it is now, I would need to create a folder myself, add the year, and then move the video file to the folder. I have over 1000 movies so doing it that way would be too time consuming. I hadn't used FileBot since early last year (when it was free) but I'm sure that that's the way that it worked. What exactly did I pay for? I could have continued to use the earlier free version that I already had installed if I had known that it wouldn't do what I needed it to do. I feel like i've wasted $20
rednoah
The Source

Re: I paid for this but it's not working like it used to

Post by rednoah »

The output path depends on your format and is (and always has been) completely customizable. The default format only defines the filename (and that has always been the case), but you can change the format anytime. If you want a simple folder structure, then I recommend using the {plex} binding.

Please read FAQ #1 and learn how format expressions work.

:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
Lee5962

Re: How do I move files into a folder structure?

Post by Lee5962 »

I will try that. Thanks for the heads up.