⭑⭑ Screenshots or Console Logs are absolutely necessary for any kind of help request or bug report! ⭑⭑
If you're using the GUI:
- Include System Information (press F5 and then click the information symbol)
- Include Screenshots (absolutely required for new topics)
- Include file paths as text when reporting mismatches (press F7 to copy debug information)
- Include Logs (press F5 and then click the warning symbol)
If you're using the CLI:
- Include the command-line call and all relevant console output or logs
- Include filebot -script fn:sysinfo output (absolutely required for new topics)
- Make sure you escape and quote your command-line arguments correctly. I will not fix your broken command-line call for you.
- When redirecting console output, make sure to redirect both standard output and error output. I will not fix your command not found issues.
- When including large chunks of logs, make sure to point out the issue at hand clearly in your post. I will not sift through large chunks of random logs.
Before posting make sure to have a quick look at the FAQ and check existing posts for answers. When starting a New Topic think of a Meaningful Title, and avoid vague titles like "Bug Report" or "Need Help" or "filebot not working" because those aren't really helpful.
Nicely formatted posts are appreciated. Use bold / italic / underline or colors if it can make your point more clear, and when posting cmdline code or logs you must use the CODE tag since that will greatly improve readability.
I do not reply to private messages. Unless you have a very good reason for not making a public New Topic.
The FileBot Forums CAPTCHA (see solution) will test you on your movie knowledge! DON'T PANIC! We have chosen among the most popular, most well-known, and highest-grossing, greatest movies and movie franchises of all time.
Examples of excellent Help Requests: