CLI questions about subtitles and DB options

Any questions? Need some help?
cxhamilton

CLI questions about subtitles and DB options

Post by cxhamilton »

Scenario A: When I run FB with no DB option and -get-subtitles or -get-missing-subtitles, FB searches OpenSubtitles to download the subtitles and then searches the TheTVDB or TheMovieDB depending on context auto-detection. I assume that TheTVDB or TheMovieDB are the default databases for TV and Movies.

Scenario B: When I run FB with a DB option and -get-subtitles or -get-missing-subtitles, FB appears to search for both the subtitles and the release using the user-selected DB option. In this scenario, FB never finds a subtitle.

Questions:
  1. Are my observations correct for both scenarios, based on how FB is supposed to work?
  2. In Scenario A (no DB option), will FB try another DB if TheTVDB returns no results or will FB give up?
  3. In Scenario B (DB option), is there an option to search OpenSubtitles for subtitles and search the user-selected DB for the release?
rednoah
The Source

Re: CLI questions about subtitles and DB options

Post by rednoah »

-get-subtitles never performs any search on TheTVDB/TheMovieDB

-get-subtitles only supports OpenSubtitles, so there is no point in using the --db option

There might be some internal look logic to find the optimal query to send to OpenSubtitles if a name search is required. These parts can't be changed.

I don't understand the questions, please add logs that illustrate the issue clearly.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
cxhamilton

Post by cxhamilton »

@rednoah: Per your request. Notice that in Scenario A, FB will first search OpenSubtitles for the subtitle and then TheTVDB for the release (Game.of.Thrones.S04E09.1080i.HDTV.MPEG2.DD5.1-CtrlHD.mkv). In Scenario B, FB attempts to search TVRage for both.

Scenario A (no DB option):

MacBook-Air:TV chris$ java -jar ../FileBot_4.1.jar --action test --format '{n}/Season {s}/{n.space(".")}.{s00e00}.{t.space(".")}' -get-subtitles -rename Game.of.Thrones.S04E09.1080i.HDTV.MPEG2.DD5.1-CtrlHD.mkv
Get [English] subtitles for 1 files
Looking up subtitles by hash via OpenSubtitles
Matched [Game.of.Thrones.S04E09.1080i.HDTV.MPEG2.DD5.1-CtrlHD.mkv] to [Game of Thrones S04E09 1080i HDTV MPEG2 DD5.1-CtrlHD] via hash
Fetching [Game of Thrones S04E09 1080i HDTV MPEG2 DD5.1-CtrlHD.srt]
Writing [Game of Thrones S04E09 1080i HDTV MPEG2 DD5.1-CtrlHD.srt] to [Game.of.Thrones.S04E09.1080i.HDTV.MPEG2.DD5.1-CtrlHD.eng.srt]
Filename pattern: [1.00] SxE, [0.00] CWS
Rename episodes using TheTVDB
Auto-detected query: [Game of Thrones]
Fetching episode data for [Game of Thrones]
[TEST] Rename [/Users/chris/Downloads/TV/Game.of.Thrones.S04E09.1080i.HDTV.MPEG2.DD5.1-CtrlHD.mkv] to [Game of Thrones/Season 4/Game.of.Thrones.S04E09.The.Watchers.on.the.Wall.mkv]
[TEST] Rename [/Users/chris/Downloads/TV/Game.of.Thrones.S04E09.1080i.HDTV.MPEG2.DD5.1-CtrlHD.eng.srt] to [Game of Thrones/Season 4/Game.of.Thrones.S04E09.The.Watchers.on.the.Wall.srt]
Processed 2 files
Done ヾ(@⌒ー⌒@)ノ

Scenario B (DB option):

MacBook-Air:TV chris$ java -jar ../FileBot_4.1.jar --db TVRage --action test --format '{n}/Season {s}/{n.space(".")}.{s00e00}.{t.space(".")}' -get-subtitles -rename Game.of.Thrones.S04E09.1080i.HDTV.MPEG2.DD5.1-CtrlHD.mkv
Get [English] subtitles for 1 files
No matching subtitles found: /Users/chris/Downloads/TV/Game.of.Thrones.S04E09.1080i.HDTV.MPEG2.DD5.1-CtrlHD.mkv
Rename episodes using [TVRage]
[TEST] Rename [/Users/chris/Downloads/TV/Game.of.Thrones.S04E09.1080i.HDTV.MPEG2.DD5.1-CtrlHD.mkv] to [Game of Thrones/Season 4/Game.of.Thrones.S04E09.The.Watchers.on.the.Wall.mkv]
Processed 1 files
Done ヾ(@⌒ー⌒@)ノ

The problem that I am trying to solve is to get subtitles from OpenSubtitles (as in Scenario A) and use an alternate DB (to the default, such as TVRage) for the release (as in Scenario B) in a single step.
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

That usage is not supported. It's either filebot -rename or filebot -get-subtitles and not both. While it works to some degree, if you need more than the default you really should use scripting instead.

For example you can't use --db if you do -rename and -get-subtitles on a single call, but you can do two separate calls.

@see http://www.filebot.net/script.html
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.