Explanation of --conflict {} settings needed, please

Running FileBot from the console, Groovy scripting, shell scripts, etc
cheaters

Explanation of --conflict {} settings needed, please

Post by cheaters »

I like to download and keep two copies of what must appear to be the same title to filebot except one is dubbed and the other is not. I am not sure which conflict flag is appropriate in this instance?

I have searched but not found a clear understanding or description of the three different uses of:
--conflict skip Never override existing files if the same media is downloaded multiple times.
--conflict auto Override existing media only if new media is better.
--conflict fail Use to make the script terminate on any conflicts or failures rather than gracefully ignore these errors and continue.
I am not sure how "override" is defined here. Does it mean delete & replace?

I am pretty sure I don't want to use the "Auto" flag which probably prevents duplicate titles.

In case of using "--conflict fail" the description "terminate". When using the AMC script would the file end up in the "Unsorted" folder? Please expound on this

Thank you and stay safe
rednoah
The Source

Re: Explanation of --conflict {} settings needed, please

Post by rednoah »

Override will indeed delete and replace. Auto does the same, if the new file is better.

Fail does indeed fast-fail. What effect that has on the amc script is something you'd have to try and see. I reckon files will end up in the Unsorted folder.

:idea: In this instance, I wouldn't worry about how to deal with conflicts, as much as changing the format to something that includes the audio language in the filename, as to avoid conflicts in the first place.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
cheaters

Post by cheaters »

Thanks for that quick response! To accomplish my goal the best option would be to set "--conflict skip" then?

I want to be sure before I head off to sleep and let the script do its work. Hate to wake up to a nasty surprise.
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

Sounds like you'll want to run things with --action TEST first and then see how it'd would go. ;)
cheaters

Post by cheaters »

I am not sure the audio language is specified in the file I am downloading.
I am using the AMC script for Plex. When Plex gets the file it modifies the file name to the original title. These are rare cases relative to the majority of my titles.

Sorry, I am sure I am missing some knowledge.
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

You can use a format such as this to add audio languages to the file name:

Code: Select all

{plex.derive{' '+audioLanguages}}
e.g. Movies/Avatar (2009)/Avatar (2009) [eng, jpn]

You can configure Plex to not use the embedded media title:
viewtopic.php?t=11344
islandrob

Post by islandrob »

With the "conflict-auto" flag, what is used to determine if the new file is "better"? Is it based on resolution only? If a h264 file exists and I run AMC with the same movie, but its encoded with HEVC, will it determine that the newer encoding is "better" and replace the old one?
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

islandrob wrote: 18 Mar 2022, 19:07 With the "conflict-auto" flag, what is used to determine if the new file is "better"? Is it based on resolution only? If a h264 file exists and I run AMC with the same movie, but its encoded with HEVC, will it determine that the newer encoding is "better" and replace the old one?
:arrow: viewtopic.php?t=12891

:idea: --conflict auto currently works based on video resolution and bitrate only. If the new HEVC file has the same video resolution and a lower bitrate, then it won't replace the existing file.