The match button pulls episodes from TVDB instead of what I have in right column.

Any questions? Need some help?
LaserBones

The match button pulls episodes from TVDB instead of what I have in right column.

Post by LaserBones »

In the past when I would have 20 episodes in the left column I could search and drag episodes from the Episodes tab and drop them into the right column. I could then hit match and it would ONLY align with what was in the right column. Over the last 2 months when I do this it will ignore what I have in the right column and use other episodes from TVDB. Similar to "fetch and match data from TVDB". Did this feature change? Do I have a setting set somewhere I need to change? I only want column a to attempt to match with column b.
rednoah
The Source

Re: The match button pulls episodes from TVDB instead of what I have in right column.

Post by rednoah »

:?: Screenshots? Please read How to Request Help.

:idea: FileBot 5.* (released half a year ago) has indeed somewhat changed behaviour of the Match button (1) now allowing for duplication of Episode items on the right-hand side to improve default behaviour for external subtitles and other companion files. FileBot is however still notably limited to matching Episode items that are already on the list and does not pull episodes from any database.

:?: Did you mean this? Do you get different results?

Screenshot Screenshot
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
LaserBones

Re: The match button pulls episodes from TVDB instead of what I have in right column.

Post by LaserBones »

Thank you. That explains so much. Yes, what you said is what I meant. So it still only pulls from what's in the right list? It seems like I was getting episode titles that weren't in the right column but I may be remembering it as just duplicating episodes that were.

When I had stubborn naming problems in the past I would load up the right column>match>remove what didn't match>and then rematch. I was able to deduce from what was already matched and either hand align what didn't match or continue deducing. For example, if I was trying to match 20 episodes on SNL that didn't have episode names but had titles named after the show's host for the night. I could load up the full SNL list (100s of episodes) in the right column and attempt to match. I would then remove what didn't match > keep the list in the right column > drag what didn't match back to the left column and attempt to match with what was left from the full list. I would often get the correct matches the second or third time. But now it always gives the same match even if it isn't in the right column.

Thanks again for the clarification. I'm assuming there is currently not a way to get the matching to function the way it used to through an option?
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

rednoah wrote: 31 Jul 2014, 16:40 Include file paths as text when reporting mismatches (press F7 to copy file paths into the clipboard and then press CTRL+V to paste them here)
Presumably, you're looking at a stubborn naming problem right now. Please post file paths as text so we can see what you see. It'll take you less than 10 seconds. Maybe there's a better solution. Maybe there's not. If I had file paths as text then I could run tests and see what works best, or perhaps add new features to add something new that works best.

:idea: The old behaviour surely had some beneficial characteristics for some unique corner cases. We could certainly improve support for these unique corner cases if we knew about them, and had sample file paths for testing.
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

:!: :!: Please provide feedback. :!: :!:
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

:arrow: If anyone wants the previous Match button behaviour back in some way, shape or form. Please do provide examples and screenshots of your use case.

:idea: If there is no response then we can only assume that the current behaviour is already what you want.