Simple things should be easy... :)

Support for Windows users
mrcpu

Simple things should be easy... :)

Post by mrcpu »

99.99% of the time, filebot works great, I have very few issues, I use it regularly, and it just works. But sometimes, somethings that seem so simple, I cannot bend it to my will.

I have a file named thusly:
D:\Mark Farmer -- 1942 03 Of 14 B 065 Sherlock Holmes The Voice Of Terror, Basil Rathbone, Nigel Bruce\Mark Farmer -- 1942 03 Of 14 B 065 Sherlock Holmes The Voice Of Terror, Basil Rathbone, Nigel Bruce-\1942 03 Of 14 B 065 Sherlock Holmes The Voice Of Terror, Basil Rathbone, Nigel Bruce (720p_25fps_H264-192kbit_AAC).mp4"

Yes, I know it's a long name, blame jdownloader. I'm collecting old sherlock stuff, somebody posted these on YT and I grabbed them.

When I drop it into filebot, and I click "match" on themoviedb or theTVdb, it asks me to enter the series name. I type "Sherlock Holmes". It proceeds to show me a lot of choices with Sherlock Holmes in it, none of which are what I'm looking for. The kicker is, in the webbrowser, I have the episode on display. tvdb ID and everything. But nowhere can I type in that goddamn ID so that filebot will just assume that in this one tiny instance, I know better than it does. (18103) to be specific. I have searched in the lists, I have type sherlock so many different ways in that search box my fingers are numb. But the 18103 entry never comes up. I tried Movie mode, it can't find it. Luckily, I have no hair, so nothing to tear out, but I am stumped.

Maybe I have to format the numbers a certain way, type underscores between the digits. Or Maybe I'm supposed to be using some kind of regex, or Lua scripting or something, but I can't figure it out.

Eventually, I gave up, and just F2'd it and renamed it myself, there were only 14 of them to do, Just seems like with the TVDB ID in hand, I shouldn't have to, and I probably don't, but I watched a couple of the youtube videos on mismatched naming, and they were not helpful in this specific case.
rednoah
The Source

Re: Simple things should be easy... :)

Post by rednoah »

:arrow: You can type in the goddamn ID. Please read FAQ #2 and Manual Matching for details.

:!: Note that 18103 is not a valid TheTVDB ID (IDs start at 70000) so that number won't work no matter what. Can you link the series you're looking for? A search for "Sherlock Holmes 1964" works just fine. Is that the series you're looking for? In this case, the TheTVDB ID would be 71976.

Screenshot

:arrow: I would also recommend watching the Getting Started video tutorials, in particular for use cases where Automatic Matching doesn't work for one reason or another.

EDIT:

:idea: I see. You mean TheTVDB Movie 18103. FileBot does not support Movie Mode: TheTVDB so you won't get far with that. Movie Mode: TheMovieDB is the way to go, hence TheMovieDB Movie 27117 is the match you are looking for.

:arrow: You'll want to HOLD SHIFT (to force manual query entry; see FAQ #2) click on Movie Mode: TheMovieDB and then enter "Sherlock Holmes and the Voice of Terror" or "27117". I'm not sure what the result will be, since conceptually you'll be naming 1 multi-part movie that consists of 12 parts / CDs. Please post screenshots of what you see if you need help at that point.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.