Please identify the following files:

Post by Biglittlebear »

Hi all,

As of a few days ago Filebot keeps asking the below,

Please identify the following files:
Followed by
Enter Series\Movie name:

This is for TV Show's and Movies alike.

Never had this before, normally just picks out the title.

Requires removing all non essential info and any dots in the name.

Is this an update or known change?
rednoah
The Source

Re: Please identify the following files:

Post by rednoah »

:?: Please post screenshots and sample file paths as text and System Information.

:arrow: FileBot asking for things is normal, depending on the files and folder structure at hand. If it's normal in your specific case, that we cannot say without knowing what your specific use case is exactly. Please read How to Request Help for details.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
Biglittlebear

Post by Biglittlebear »

Thanks rednoah

Does this help?

Screenshot
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

I see no issues at a glance. I'd have to run more tests to figure out why it's asking in this case.

:arrow: Please post sample file paths as text so I can recreate the file structure and run tests myself, and System Information for context and to ensure we're on the same page, same OS, same revision, etc. You can PM me the file paths if you don't want to post them publicly. Please read How to Request Help for how to print and copy System Information.
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

:!: I have received your PM. You seem to be using a very old version of FileBot, so your mileage may vary.

Screenshot

:idea: Here's what I get when I try with the given file paths with the latest version. FileBot does not seem to ask for manual input for me, but does ask to confirm the series at least once, though there's a toggle to permanently confirm the matching series:

Screenshot
GrimmReaperNL

Post by GrimmReaperNL »

Hello,

I'm having a issue with the same naming, so I didn't open a new thread.

When trying to rename the following shows using TheTVDB Filebot asks to identify the files: It is able to find the shows using TheMovieDB and AniDB, But I use TheTVDB for everything in plex.
Am I doing something wrong, and how can I fix this.

I'm not sure if the application says the version number anywhere, but I downloaded the latest version today and bought my second license today.

Thank you.
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

:?: Please post screenshots and sample file paths as text and System Information.

:arrow: FileBot asking for things is normal, depending on the files and folder structure at hand. If it's normal in your specific case, that we cannot say without knowing what your specific use case is exactly. Please read How to Request Help for details.

:arrow: In general, you can always use Manual Matching and use the numeric ID for lookup if all else fails. See Q: How do I fix misidentified files? for details.

EDIT:

:idea: The two Anime linked above do not seem to have any English language episode titles. The Episodes tool cannot load any episode information so nothing works as if the series didn't exist. It works if you switch to Japanese though. It'll probably work in the future once someone enters the missing episode titles.
GrimmReaperNL

Post by GrimmReaperNL »

Hello Rednoah,

This is what my filebot looks like with the files 'imported/selected'.
Screenshot
Then when I try to match using TheTVDB:
Screenshot
Filepaths are like this:
Folder
-File
-File
-File

I've done a lot of shows like this.

When I try the same as the manual matching video (select show before 'loading' files), the shows don't even show up.
I've tried looking by name and ID.

When trying to use match mode strict, it tells me there's no show by that name.

Using the 'episodes' tab says there's no episodes listed using english language. Japanese does list episodes:
Screenshot
TheTVDB site does list episodes though:
https://www.thetvdb.com/series/chiyu-ma ... official/1
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

Looks like the TheTVDB API does not work correctly. FileBot has no way of getting the episode listing if the API does not respond correctly. There's nothing you can do.

:idea: I've created a bug report upstream:
https://github.com/thetvdb/v4-api/issues/324

:arrow: I recommend switching to TheMovieDB/TV in the meanwhile.
GrimmReaperNL

Post by GrimmReaperNL »

Thanks for checking rednoah.

I thought plex doesn't like mixing db sources. I'll try again in a couple of days, see if something gets fixed upstream.
I figured it wasn't filebot as everything else I did today worked without issues. As it has done in the past.
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

GrimmReaperNL wrote: 01 Apr 2024, 23:05 I thought plex doesn't like mixing db sources. I'll try again in a couple of days, see if something gets fixed upstream.
Presumably, Plex uses the same TheTVDB API, if you have selected TheTVDB as your preferred database, so if FileBot can't get the episode listing at this time, then there's a very high chance that Plex also can't get the episode list at this time.
Spudinc

Post by Spudinc »

rednoah wrote: 01 Apr 2024, 23:33
GrimmReaperNL wrote: 01 Apr 2024, 23:05 I thought plex doesn't like mixing db sources. I'll try again in a couple of days, see if something gets fixed upstream.
Presumably, Plex uses the same TheTVDB API, if you have selected TheTVDB as your preferred database, so if FileBot can't get the episode listing at this time, then there's a very high chance that Plex also can't get the episode list at this time.
Just for info, Plex does recognise these shows and can grab the the episode list, manually copied them into my library today after having the same issue with both shows and also one other. Plex was able to grab the metadata from TVDB and correctly name episodes as well as populate other metadata as normal.
weberan2

Post by weberan2 »

Spudinc wrote: 05 Apr 2024, 16:59
rednoah wrote: 01 Apr 2024, 23:33
Just for info, Plex does recognise these shows and can grab the the episode list, manually copied them into my library today after having the same issue with both shows and also one other. Plex was able to grab the metadata from TVDB and correctly name episodes as well as populate other metadata as normal.
Can you provide some insights into the compatibility and reliability of using different database sources within Plex for managing TV show metadata and episode listings?
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

Plex uses TheMovieDB / Airdate Order by default, therefore TheMovieDB / Airdate Order will likely work best for Plex:
rednoah wrote: 28 Nov 2022, 03:42 Match files against your preferred database. Make sure to use TheMovieDB and Airdate Order in both FileBot and your Plex library settings.