⭑⭑ Screenshots or Console Logs are absolutely necessary for any kind of help request or bug report! ⭑⭑
If you're using the GUI:
- Include System Information (press F5 and then click the information symbol)
- Include Screenshots (absolutely required for new topics)
- Include file paths as text when reporting mismatches (press F7 to copy debug information)
- Include Logs (press F5 and then click the warning symbol)
- Include the command-line call and all relevant console output or logs
- Include filebot -script fn:sysinfo output (absolutely required for new topics)
- Make sure you escape and quote your command-line arguments correctly. I will not fix your broken command-line call for you.
- When redirecting console output, make sure to redirect both standard output and error output. I will not fix your command not found issues.
- When including large chunks of logs, make sure to point out the issue at hand clearly in your post. I will not sift through large chunks of random logs.
Before posting make sure to have a quick look at the FAQ and check existing posts for answers. When starting a New Topic think of a Meaningful Title, and avoid vague titles like "Bug Report" or "Need Help" or "filebot not working" because those aren't really helpful.
Nicely formatted posts are appreciated. Use bold / italic / underline or colors if it can make your point more clear, and when posting cmdline code or logs you must use the CODE tag since that will greatly improve readability.
I do not reply to private messages. Unless you have a very good reason for not making a public New Topic.
If you save time not reading what rednoah wrote (including explicitly linked threads) then rednoah may safe time not reading what you are writing. Sometimes rednoah may seem like a grunt and respond with short answers. This isn't (always) because he hates you, but because he's replying on his cell phone or busy fixing bugs.
Examples of excellent Help Requests: