is this too complicated ?

Support for Windows users
JohnRo79

is this too complicated ?

Post by JohnRo79 »

hey guys.

just started my year's license.
loaded my whole messed up folder with lots of series and ugly formatting.
played with all those settings too https://prnt.sc/ud-z6R0btp-c

after a few days with some poor partial results, i've decided to ask the experts for guidance.

what i am trying to do , is to set it up for Plex.

this is what i want:

1. i want to load in filebot 1 (or all) series at a time. and then

2. i want the folders and files processed like so: as a main folder, i want The name The year 4K or not Codec Used (hevc or others) Audio Channels (DolbyAtmos or 5.1 or whatever) DV (if yes)
the files, named simple/standard, in english, grouped in subfolders like Season 1, 2.....

i want do do smtg similar to my movies and cartoons library too.

ok. now, here is where i'm being picky (think this is too much to ask but here it goes)

1. i want to be able to set up a Processed Folder destination (so, i load files from where they are and then i want to save (yes, save) the result in another location)

the reason for all this is : i have to make 2 copies of my library: one copy in English titles (file names) and the second copy with Romanian translated titles.
the reason for a 2nd library in Romanian is because the subtitle file names i have found so far, are also named/translated in Romanian. so the movie file name has to
be translated in Romanian too to be a match, don't they?

2. is there a way to download subtitles for 2-3 languages rather than just for 1?

looking at some of your video guides and reading some of the forum posts, got me more confused.
a lot of them are for older app versions and can't seem to match the guidance

is there anything written somewhere or even close to what i am trying to achieve so i can watch?
just in case i haven't mentioned it before, i'm quite thick when it comes to metadata/files and folders/posters subs....(and the list goes on and on when it comes to plex and storing/sorting)

thanks a lot for your time.
Last edited by JohnRo79 on 23 Jan 2024, 18:05, edited 1 time in total.
JohnRo79

Re: is this too complicated ?

Post by JohnRo79 »

also, when i was trying and testing filebot, somehow files from the same folder/series got named with other series that i had loaded.

this is one example https://prnt.sc/b0Co1A9jmwCl

this means that i have to re do the folders/series again one by one?

can it not be done as a quick check ? smtg down the line like if it's named wrongly, fetch proper name and rename?
JohnRo79

Post by JohnRo79 »

ok, i've started to sort out my library 1by1
i'm using the Series too with switching between both online TV series DB's then Match and then manually pairing where needed

(featurettes and extra folders/files are a hit and miss pairing/renaming)

i'll get back after i have 1 default Plex Media Folder with all my sorted files
Last edited by JohnRo79 on 24 Jan 2024, 05:55, edited 1 time in total.
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

I see a multitude of separate questions, so I will just give you a quick overview to get you started. If you want a more specific more elaborate answer to any of your question, please ask more specifically, ideally one topic per question.

Re: Strategy for processing a large number of files

You can use Smart Mode: Automatic to process both movie and episode at once, so that you can just drop in a folder of mixed content and it'll mostly work, depending on the files at hand:
https://www.filebot.net/getting-started ... g-standard

That said, I would recommend processing files in small batches step by step. Drop only episodes and then use Episode Mode. Drop only movies and then use Movie Mode. Drop a only few hundred files and then process those into a new folder. Having separate input and output folder makes it easy to process files step by step, and you get a feeling of success after each step. Then you just leisurely process a few hundred files every day until the input folder is eventually empty.

You can do all at once, but if will want to scroll through the list at least once to rule out mismatches, and you will get tired after a scrolling through a few hundred items, so I'd do things step by step.

Re: Add media information to the target file path

This is a custom format question. If you have trouble copy & pasting something together from the examples then you'll want to create a new topic in the Episode / Movie Naming Scheme section. That said, adding 4K, adding HEVC, adding DV, etc are all very common use cases so you will find lots of examples, though do ask if you have trouble finding what you need.

Re: English and Romanian

You can use hardlinks to have the same file at multiple file paths, thus you can generate multiple libraries. I don't understand how that is related to subtitles though. In General, I'd make sure that everything is named consistently in English and not mix languages. FileBot can generally rename files from any input language to English. But I don't see what you see. I don't understand your use case. If you need more help on this topic, please post sample file paths as text so that we can see what you can see.

Re: Add subtitles in multiple languages after processing

:arrow: Custom Post-Processing Scripts › e.g. Add subtitles in multiple languages

Re: Dealing with Mismatches

:arrow: Please read FAQ #2 and Manual Matching.

In general, FileBot cannot process episode files that have no corresponding Episode in your selected database. Match Mode: Opportunistic will always pick the "best match" but if there is no correct answer in the first place, then the "best possible match" is gonna be pretty random.

In this screenshot specifically, we see a mismatch with the Bloopers extras. FileBot does try to ignore extras and not allow you to process extras by default (since they almost always lead to mismatches) but it looks like "extra detection" doesn't work for this particular file for some reason.

You can use Icon Delete (see Q: How do I exclude a file from the renaming?) to remove that row from the list and just not process the file, or you can use Icon Edit Match (see Q: How do I fix misidentified files?) to manually fix the match, assuming that the database lists a special episode that corresponds to your file.

This should - in general - cover most of your questions, and it's getting quite long already. If you need further help, please do ask, but please try to create a new topic for each specific question, so that we can give you more specific answers.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.